Saturday, October 12, 2013

30 Days of Things That Make Me Happy, Day 5

Day 5: Connections

Have you ever thought about the planet? Like, really thought about it? We stand on the ground, which connects us to every other person on earth. We all walk on the same planet, every road leads to another... If you look out your window, and look at the road, you are looking at something that connects every other person in the continent. You could walk from one end of the country to the other, if you wanted to. I could walk or ride my bike or drive a car to anyone. I could visit anyone on earth if I wanted to.

It makes you feel small, but it also makes you realize that anyone in within your reach.
Its a crazy thought, realizing how closely connected we all really are.

It makes me happy to know that, even the family I miss like crazy, is just a road away. It brings comfort to me.

Love, Aaron

PS: don't forget to leave your comments! I'd love to know who is reading, and their thoughts on the series so far!

1 comment:

  1. You're right that we're all connected. The picture you used was one of an inner city-- but in my mind when I think of connected I think of a phrase used on Ash Wednesday every year, "Remember that you are dust, and to dust you shall return."

    We are connected by the human experience-- pain, joy, life and death.

    ReplyDelete